|Colorado Hail Pad Pick-up/Drop-off Sites|
Here is a list of the current hail pad drop-off sites in Colorado. If you have any questions please contact the Volunteer Coordinator for your city or county.
Updated: September 2015
- Adams County Extension Office, Adams County Fairgrounds. 9755 Henderson Road, Brighton, CO. Contact: Thad Gourd - (303) 637-8100
- BENNETT - Greatwood Lumber/Ace Hardware store at the SW corner of I-70 and Exit #340 (Bennett exit). The Hail pad box is located at the North side of the main gate. Only accessible during regular store hours, Mon. thru Fri. 7am till 6pm, Sat. 8-5, Sun. 9-4. Phone 303-644-5000
• San Luis Valley Extension Office, 1899 E Hwy 160, Monte Vista, CO. Contact: Marvin Reynolds (719) 852-7381
Springfield - USDA/NRCS Office, 27200 Hwy, Springfield, CO
Contact Kiesha Yazzie 719-523-4522 x3
- Boulder - For NOAA employees only, there is a hail pad drop off at the National Weather Service Office in room 3C508.
- Longmont - 2050 Falcon Drive, Longmont (Approx 21st & Hover). Pads are in the large metal box on the front porch.
Chaffee County Cooperative Extension Office, 10165 County Road 120, Salida, CO 81201; phone: (719) 539-6447; Contact: Kurt Jones
Clear Creek County
Email Clear Creek County CoCoRaHS Coordinator, Larry White at:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Douglas County Extension Office, Douglas County Fairgrounds, 410 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock, CO 80104. It the the small 2 story building visible as soon as you enter on the right side of the road. The box sits outside on the top level.
El Paso County
- Colorado Springs Utilities Conservation & Environmental Center,
2855 Mesa Rd., Colo. Springs. Hours are M-F, 9am-5pm.
Hail pads can be picked up and dropped off at the desk in the lobby.
- CSU Extension Office on the Elbert County Fairgrounds in Kiowa,
95 Ute Ave., Kiowa, Co 80117
*Spare Pads will be stored inside the office*
Contact name: Treena
- Fremont County Extension Office, 615 Macon Ave. Suite LL10, Cañon City, CO; 719-276-7390. Contact: Tommy Covington, email@example.com
Colorado River Water Conservation District
201 Centennial, Suite 200
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Contact: Jim Pokrandt 970-945-8522
• Gilpin County Cooperative Extension Office, Gilpin County Fairgrounds, 230 Norton Drive, Golden, CO 80403. Contact: Irene Shonle. The office is located next to the Gilpin Community Center, just off of Highways 119 & 46, seven miles north of Black Hawk.
Please contact Andrea Jessoe, 714 Teocalli Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224. e-mail: Adbelcher@aol.com
- CSU Cooperative Extension Office, 928 Russell Ave, Walsenburg, CO. Contact Carl Beeman at: 719-738-2170. Carl.Beeman@colostate.edu
- Jackson County Cooperative Extension Office, 312 5th Street, Walden, CO 80480; Contact: Debbie Alpe
- Jefferson County Health Department, 645 Parfet Street, Lakewood CO 80215. Drop off is at the Environmental desk but call Roy Laws first at (303) 271-5734, (303) 619-5114 (cell phone). Hours are Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Cooperative Extension Office. Eades, CO; (719) 438-5321. Contact: Bruce Fickenscher
Kit Carson County
Las Animas County
La Plata County
- Colorado Division of Water Resources Office, 160 Rock Point Dr. Suite E, Durango, CO 81301.Ph: 970-247-1845 x7004 (or receptionist can help)
- CoCoRaHS HQ, Colorado Climate Center, CSU Foothills Campus, Fort Collins (directions)
- Fort Collins Public Library, both Old Town and Harmony Road sites
- Loveland Public Works Dept. Office, 2525 W. 1st St., Loveland
- Estes Park Public Library
- Wellington Public Library
Las Animas County
- NRCS/FSA Office. 318 5th Street, Hugo, CO 80821, 719-743-2408 ext. 106, Contact: Stu McFarland
Logan County Coorperative Extension Office at 508 S. 10th Avenue, Sterling, CO.; (970) 522-3200. Contact: Randy Buhler
National Weather Service Office. 792 Eagle Drive, Grand Junction, CO, Contact: Jim Pringle
Moffat County• Montezuma County Extension Office, 109 West Main Street, Room 102, Cortez, CO 81321. Phone: 970-565-3123
• Division of Water Resources, 437 Yampa, Craig, CO 81625. Contact: Kathy Bower 970-826-0810
Montrose County • John Thompson’s house: 1405 Dover Road, Montrose, CO 81401; Phone: (970) 240-2121;e-mail: Jokatmont@aol.com
• East Morgan Public Library, Brush
• Fort Morgan Public Library
• Wiggins Public Library
• La Junta -- USDA - NRCS Office, 318 Lacey Ave., La Junta, CO. The box is around the corner behind the US Forest Service Building.
• FAIRPLAY: 880 Bogue Street at the Colorado State University Extension Office. CoCoRahs has a beige wooden box located at the SE end of the building against a utility pole. Leave used pads here and get new ones also. You can pick up Hail Reports Forms too. This location is accessible 24 hours a day and is located outdoors. ParkCountyCoCoRahs@hotmailcom or 719-836-4580.
• LAKE GEORGE: Hwy 24 located at the CUSP (Coalition for the Upper South Platte) Office across the street from the Post Office. Their phone number is 719-748-0033 and they are open 10am to 4pm on the weekdays.
• Phillips County Cooperative Extension Office, 127 East Denver St., Holyoke, CO; (970) 854-3616
• National Weather Service Office - Pueblo: 3 Eaton Way, Pueblo, CO 81001, 719-948-9429. Contact: Randy Gray (Near the Airport)
• Lamar - Southeast Colorado RC&D Office, 3505 S. Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052; 719-336-3437 x124. Contact Tim Macklin.
• Holly - NRCS Office, 209 S. Main Street, Holly, CO 81047; 719-537-6506. Contact: Calvin Melcher
Rio Blanco County
Meeker - 351 7th Street, Conservation District Office
Rangely - 2252 E Main, Water Conservancy District Office
Rio Grande County
• San Luis Valley Extension Office, 1899 E Hwy 160, Monte Vista, CO
• Routt County Conservation District, 1475 Pine Grove Road Ste 201a, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487, (970) 879-3225 Office, Contact: Jackie Brown -- firstname.lastname@example.org
San Juan County
San Miguel County
• San Miguel Environmental Health Office, San Miguel County Courthouse, 333 West Colorado Avenue, Telluride, CO 81435; phone: 970-728-0447; Contact Dave Schneck
• Sedgwick County Cooperative Extension Office, County Courthouse, 315 Cedar, Julesburg, CO 80737-1532; (970) 474-3479 Contact: Linda Langelo
• Washington County Conservation District Office, 26924 U.S. Hwy 34, Akron, CO 80720; Phone: 970-345-2364
• Greeley Area: Weld County Cooperative Extension Office, Island Grove Park, 525 North 15th Avenue, Greeley, CO. 970 356-4000 x2076 The hail pad drop-box is located under the staircase.
• (not available at this time) Del Camino: Weld County Services, 4209 Weld County Road 24 ½ (East Service Road), Longmont, CO. Phone: 720-652-4200
• (not available at this time) Southeast Weld County services building located at 2950 9th Street, Ft. Lupton. The location is on the SW corner of 9th St & WCR 31 intersection, 2 miles east of downtown Ft. Lupton (same building where the license plate office is located).
Yuma County • Yuma County Cooperative Extension Office, Yuma County Courthouse, Wray, CO 80758; 970-332-4151. Contact: Chris Shelly